Thursday, February 17, 2011

This morning, when the sun came up, I was comfortable in my bed. And I wanted to stay in my bed and be comfortable.

(Claire is getting dressed.)
Claire: My pants are red. I know how to make red.
(Claire signs “red”.)
Claire: That’s red.



(Breakfast. Alex and Claire are drinking out of the Elmo cups that they brought home from Busch Gardens last summer.)
Claire: Why we have these cups?
Daddy: Mommy just picked them out today.
Claire: It has Elmo on it!
Alex: We had these at Busch Gardens!

(Alex is being grouchy with Daddy.)
Alex (grumpily): You’re not getting my waffle.
Daddy: It’s in the toaster.
Alex (grumpily): It’s already been in the toaster.
(Daddy looks at Alex and laughs. Alex cracks a smile, then regains his composure.)
Alex (grumpily): I am being serious.

Alex: I wanna go play with Jaap.

Alex: But Jaap is really, I play with him now. But I don’t play with Neer and Callum now.

Alex: When someone’s not playing with me, and I’m playing with them, um, I find somebody else and I make them my new friend.
Daddy: That’s a good idea!

Alex: I’m all done. No – I want more waffle.
Claire: You’re – um – you’re gonna eat a lot of waffle, and your tummy will hurt!
Alex: No. Three is not a lot.
Claire: Oh.
Alex: I’m eating three.
Claire: Oh.
Alex: And that’s not a lot.
Claire: Oh.
Alex: And after this waffle, maybe I’ll be done, I – I don’t know.


Alex: This morning, when the sun came up, I was comfortable in my bed. And I wanted to stay in my bed and be comfortable.


(Alex is having trouble with his zipper.)
Alex: I need to be a little bigger so I can do this.



(Claire and Alex come home from school.)

Mommy (to Claire): Tell Daddy.
Claire: I goed in Miss Arnold’s class!
Daddy: Wow!
Claire: Me and Morgan goed in there!

Daddy (to Alex): What did you say when you came in Mommy and Daddy’s room this morning?
Alex: “I got dressed!”
Daddy: Yeah, I liked that!
Mommy: Me too.
Daddy: And why did you do that?
Alex: Because I wanted to make you happy.

(Claire is taking off her shoes.)
Claire: I want – I want my socks still on. ‘Cause I – I don’t want my band-aid to not hurt.

(Time to go upstairs for nap.)
Alex: I’m super-fast, Mommy.
Mommy: You’re gonna go super-fast?
Alex: Yeah.
Claire: I’m super-fast!
Alex (running to the stairs): Mmmmmmmmm!!
Claire: One, two, three, super-fast!
(Claire runs to the stairs.)
Mommy: Wow.



Claire: Daddy, I’m gonna make a book! I’m gonna draw a book! I’m gonna draw Percy… and Mudd [?]… and James… and, um… Percy and Thomas. And James.



(playing in the backyard)

(Claire goes down the big slide all by herself.)
Claire: I didn’t need a hand!
Mommy: You didn’t?!
Claire: I didn’t need a hand, I went down by myself!

(Claire goes down the slide.)
Claire (to Daddy): You didn’t watch me.

Claire (at the top of the slide): Watch me, Daddy!
(Claire goes down the slide.)

Claire (at the top of the slide): Watch me go, Alex!
(Claire goes down the slide.)

Alex (cheering on Claire): Go go Claire! Go go Claire! Neer and Callum, and Claire!

No comments:

Post a Comment