Sunday, February 13, 2011

A monster, take off, my feet!

(Claire puts her monster truck in the pantry.)
Claire: Where’s my monster truck?
Daddy: Where could it be?
Claire: In the door!

Claire: My monster truck’s sad, Daddy.

Claire: Look Daddy, I don’t have feet!
Claire: Look Daddy, I don’t have feet!
Daddy: Oh no, you don’t have feet!
Claire: A monster, take off, my feet!



(Alex and Claire are eating lunch.)
Alex: I’m making Claire happy.
Daddy: How are you making Claire happy?
Alex: To not tell her that she’s not going.
Daddy: Oh.
Alex: That’s how I’m making her happy. I’m telling her it’s after nap.



Alex: Daddy, when I’m bigger, and I’m older, can I ice skate?



Alex (to Daddy): Shani said to someone’s daddy, “Grown-ups don’t eat cupcakes, just kids.” And I said, “Grown-ups do eat cupcakes.” Do grown-ups eat cupcakes?
Daddy: Yes, they do.



(Alex and Daddy are talking about building a playground. Alex plans to hammer in nails using his little tools.)
Daddy: And when you get bigger, you can use real tools. Big tools.
Alex: Well I wanna use my little tools, because it’s taking a long time to get bigger.



(Alex comes home from Thomas’s birthday party. Among other things, his goody bag contains a little hourglass.)
Claire: Did you get a goody bag?
Alex: Yeah, and we looked at some of it, and it has green sand in it, and it goes from the bottom up! And it takes three minutes!



Claire: No, Grommie.
Claire: Grommie can’t eat things when I hold something.



(Riding in the car, Alex makes the following pronouncement completely out of the blue.)
Alex: I don’t like when people take my head, but I like when people don’t have a head. Or a mouth. Just a nose.
Daddy: What are you talking about?
Alex: I don’t like when people have a head, or eyes, or a mouth, or nose. Just a nose.



(Alex is telling Mommy about Thomas’s birthday party.)
Mommy: Did you sing Happy Birthday to him?
Alex: Yeah. On the count of three.



Alex: What does a hamburger noise make? A hamburger noise makes a noise like this: Hooooonk!
(Alex laughs.)



Alex: A lobster doesn’t have a head.

Alex: Some animals don’t have faces, like you can’t see a butterfly’s faces, ‘cause they’re too tiny.

(Alex picks out Spider-Man underwear for tomorrow.)
Claire: That’s cool, Alex.

(Alex is telling Claire about Spider-Man.)
Alex: He can stick to stuff, and he can climb up lots of walls!
Claire: Yeah, and he can go on a ladder!
Alex: No, he doesn’t need a ladder.

No comments:

Post a Comment