Wednesday, February 9, 2011

I didn't feel very good that day.

(Daddy comes back from his business trip.)

Alex: Daddy! Daddy! Daddy!
Daddy: I missed you!
Alex: I missed you too!
Claire: I missed you too!

Claire: What did you eat at -- at -- at -- at work?


(Daddy plays with Alex and Claire before bed time.)

Alex: Daddy, yesterday when it was so late, my head hurt.
Daddy: Oh I'm sorry.
Alex: And I missed you.
Daddy: Oh, I missed you too.
Alex: I didn't feel very good that day.

Alex: Claire’s tiny like this.
(Alex squats.)
Daddy: Yeah, she's tiny.
Alex: And then she grows and grows and grows and grows and grows. Until she's bigger like me.

Claire: Elmo flies, Daddy.
Daddy: Elmo flies?
Claire: Yeah. Not Buzz Lightyear. Not Buzz Lightyear.
Daddy: Not Buzz Lightyear?
Claire: Yeah. Elmo flies.

Claire: Elmo flies. Not Buzz Lightyear.
Claire: Um – Buzz Lightyear flies. Not Elmo.

Alex (to Daddy): What's a happy face? A sad face!
(Alex laughs.)
(Alex then repeats this same joke to Mommy, and then again to Claire.)

(Claire wants Daddy to put on her diaper for bed.)
Claire: Diaper, Daddy! Diaper, Daddy! Diaper, Daddy!

(Alex climbs on Daddy.)
Alex: I'm climbing up Daddy.
Claire: I’m gonna climb up Daddy. Stay there, Daddy.

Alex: Where's that dinosaur?
Daddy: I don’t know.
Alex: Maybe he's in my pants, let's see.

Alex: Ow! I scratched my bottom on the rug.
Daddy: Oh no! Maybe I should give you a time out.
Alex: Give the rug a timeout. Five minutes!
Daddy: Is the rug five?
Alex: Yeah. He's very five. And he doesn’t be nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment