Thursday, February 10, 2011

But when it’s time to go to the doctor, I hafta get off the sofa.

(Alex and Claire come home from school.)

Daddy: Did you guys have fun at school today?
Alex and Claire: Yeah.
Claire: But I didn't eat my soup, I just ate my foo-- fruit, and my sandwich.

(Alex is sitting on the sofa.)
Alex: After we put Claire down for nap, I'm gonna go to the doctor. But when it’s time to go to the doctor, I hafta get off the sofa.

Mommy: Alex, does anything hurt right now?
Alex: No. My - my chin just itches.

Alex: Mommy, do you wanna play dinosaurs with me?
Mommy: Um...
Daddy: No, she doesn't.
Mommy: I want to make some coffee first.
Alex: Um, while your coffee's cooking, could you come play with me, and after it's done cooking, could you go get your coffee and then come back and play with me again?
Mommy: Okay.



(Alex is hiding under the kitchen table.)
Alex: Hey Mommy? Look everywhere except under the kitchen table, okay? And say, "Where's Alex?"



(Claire turns on the light in the bathroom.)
Claire: I put the light on by myself.
Daddy: Good for you!
Claire: I'm tall.



(Claire is at the bathroom sink.)
Claire: That is the hot one, that is the cold one. That's how you do it! Mommy does that.



Alex: I like to eat yummy treats like candy, Daddy.
Daddy: Okay.
Alex: One day, could I get a lollipop?
Daddy: Yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment