Sunday, February 6, 2011

I gonna go to school, 'cause I wanna be a snowman when I grow up.

Claire: Is there school?
Daddy: No, there's no school today, it's Sunday.
Claire: We can still have breakfast if there's no school.

Alex (standing at the top of the stairs): Alex is coming downstairs, I'm awake.

Claire: I have four babies.
Alex: I wanna play with one.
Claire: Okay.
Alex: This one makes music.

Alex: At bed time, for a little bit, I couldn't fall asleep.
Daddy: Oh.
Alex: But then I just fell asleep, and I knew how to fall asleep.
(Claire mumbles something inaudible.)
Claire: This eye hurts me at nap -- um bedtime.
Daddy: Oh. Well maybe you should sleep, at bedtime.
Claire: Yeah tomorrow.

(Alex sniffles.)
Claire: Why did you do your nose like that Alex?
Alex: ‘Cause I have a cold.
Claire: I have a cold too.
Alex: No.
Claire: I do.
Alex: No.
Claire: I do. I'm coughing. I do, ‘cause I'm coughing too.
Alex: I have a cold.
Claire: Yeah.
Alex: That's why you don't have a cold.
Claire: Yeah.
Alex: Don't have a cold.
Claire: Yeah.

(Alex got up too early.)
Alex: I wanted to play, and then I just, realized I got tired.

Alex: Daddy?
Daddy: Yeah?
Alex: I realized I had energy, but then when I came downstairs I realized I didn't.

(Alex is unbuttoning his PJs.)
Alex: Look what I'm doing, Daddy. I'm taking off all the buttons.
Daddy: Yeah!
Alex: I'm proud of myself.

(Alex is getting dressed.)
Alex: Don't look at me Daddy.



(Daddy, Alex, and Claire are driving around “looking at things”.)

Alex: That's Taco Bell! That store is called Taco Bell.

Alex: If the car gets gas today, it will be having lunch too!

Claire: I'll be a daddy, and I will go into work, one day.

Alex: The summer is warm. But I don't like it, I get hot. When I work in the garden. With Mommy.

Alex: I saw a man walking, and he didn't have a head.

Alex: That man had two foots, and when you walk, you step and step. You step, and step, and step, and step. That's how you do.



(Daddy, Alex, and Claire go back home.)
Mommy: What did you do?
Alex: We saw new things!
Mommy: Yeah, like what?
Alex: Like, where you used to live.
Mommy: You did?
Alex: And we saw a giant flag!
Mommy: Oh, wow.
Alex: And a cactus sign.
Mommy: Oh yeah?
Alex: Yeah.
Alex: And we saw where Daddy used to work, and where Mommy used to work.
Mommy: Oh wow. You must have taken a trip down Broad Street.



Alex: Grommie has a collar, if he got lost, and somebody found him, they would say, "Oh, this is from Alex and Claire and Mommy and Daddy."



Daddy (to Grommie): Oh no you di’-‘ih!
Claire: Why you say "di'-'ih"? Why you say "Oh no you di'-'ih?"


Claire: I smell brownies, Daddy.
Daddy: Yeah? Yeah they're almost done. They'll be done in two minutes.
Claire: Yeah, 'cause it's -- it's really hard to wait, for uh brownies.



Claire: I gonna go to school, 'cause I wanna be a snowman when I grow up.
Mommy: You like school, don't you?
Claire: Yeah. I wanna be a snowman.
Mommy: You wanna be a snowman?
Claire: Yeah, when I grow up.

(Claire and Alex are talking about being a mommy and a daddy when they grow up.)
Alex: I wanna have two boys.
Claire: I wanna have two girls.
Alex (to Mommy): I'm gonna have Beetoo... Creetoo... Chetrup... and Creetoo-Beetoo.
Mommy: That's gonna be their names?
Alex: Yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment