Monday, May 28, 2012

When I grow up, I wanna be just like Mommy.

Claire: You guys are the danger bad guys that are invisible.

Claire: You need to come to our house and knock something down.
Alex: No – steal something.
Claire: You have to come to our house and steal something.
Claire: Okay? You guys are the danger bad guys.



Claire: I know how to make trees. People don't make trees, they put a little tree seed in the ground, and cover it up, and water it every day, and a tree comes up.
Alex: In a couple weeks.


(in the car)
Claire: Mommy, I wanna learn how to drive.

Claire: I know that um, bears are on the mountains, and monsters aren't real.


(in the bath)
Claire: Daddy, I'm not afraid of my Band-Aid, because if it falls off, I can pick it up and put it right here, and get another Band-Aid after bath!


Alex: Does space never end?

Alex: Daddy?
Daddy: Yes?
Alex: If we trabbled, for like twenty days, around the earth? We’d come back home again!


Claire: Mommy?
Mommy: Yeah?
Claire: When I grow up, I wanna be just like Mommy.

(Alex wants to know how you become something when you grow up, like a fireman. Mommy explains that you have to go to a certain school, like firefighter school, to learn how.)
Claire: Well I wanna be just like -- how do I be just like Mommy?
Mommy: You just – I don’t know!
Claire: I just go to a different school.

No comments:

Post a Comment