Wednesday, May 2, 2012

I feel like E is the king of all letters.

Alex: Daddy, you know how to spell jello?
Daddy: J-E-L-L--
Alex: No, I want to tell you.
Daddy: Oh, okay.
Alex: J-E-L-L-O-E.
Daddy: Good!
Alex: Is there an E? Because the O says “oh”.
Daddy: Well, it seems like there should be an E, but there's actually no E.
Alex: Okay, then erase the E.
Daddy: Okay.
Alex: I'm just confused about the Es and no Es.
Daddy: Yeah...
Alex: I feel like E is the king of all letters.


Alex: I have too much energy. ‘Cause I'm growing.
Daddy: Yeah. How big are you gonna get?
Alex: Um... maybe forty-four.
Daddy: Forty-four?
Alex: Yeah. Is that how big I’ll get?
Daddy: Yeah, I'm sure under some unit of measurement you'll be forty-four.
Alex: Then I’ll die.
Daddy: Um... Yeah.
Alex: But I'm five, so I don't have to worry about it.


Daddy: Claire, how big are you gonna get?
Claire: Four.
Alex: Forty-four.

Alex (to Claire): And then you’re gonna die.
Claire: No I'm not.
Alex: When you get too big you die!
Mommy: No you don't.
Alex: If you get too old.
Claire: You can't say die, that's a bad word.

No comments:

Post a Comment