Friday, November 4, 2011

I think I wanna buy a can of tomatoes.

(breakfast)

Claire: My tummy says, “I want a waffle.”

Claire: Now my tummy says, “I want another waffle.”

Alex: Daddy, I think your ABC game, might have to be a beach house game.
Daddy: Yeah?
Alex: Because we never got up to Z. So when we go to the beach house, it’s so far, we can find the whole alphabet.
Daddy: Okay.


Claire: What else can we eat?
Alex: We can eat trash bags.

Claire: How ‘bout we can eat fence. No…
Alex: Yes, we do, we can eat windows, too.
Claire: Yeah, we can eat windows, and plastic.
Alex: Yeah. We can eat Daddy’s computer, too. But he would be really upset.
Alex (eating Daddy’s computer): Mm, yummy.
Claire (eating Daddy’s computer): Mm, yummy, yummy, yummy!

Alex: Daddy, the waffle’s scratching my lungs.

Claire: Daddy? I like that part when she eats that apple, if it goes into her tummy.
Daddy: Yeah?
Claire: If that, it goes into little pieces.
Daddy: Yeah.
Claire: I like that.



(Claire and Alex get new piggy banks, which are each colored red, green, and blue.)
Claire: Mommy? Red is my favorite color, green is my favorite color, and blue is my favorite color.

(Mommy reads a book to Claire and Alex about money.)
Claire: Money doesn’t grow on any trees.
Mommy: That’s right, you have to go to work and earn money.
Alex: Like Daddy! And you!
Claire: You have to go to, you have to go to work, and make some money.
Mommy: That’s right!
Alex: Not like us, or Grommie.

Alex: Claire, we can go shopping tomorrow! And we can buy a can of green beans!

Claire: I wanna buy a can of green beans, too.
Alex: Okay. I think I wanna buy, um –
Claire: I think I wanna buy a can of tomatoes.
Alex: No, I don’t think that’s enough.

Claire: And I’m gonna buy a dinosaur from Toys R Us.
Alex: Maybe I’ll buy… a stuffed animal dinosaur.
Claire: Mommy, I’m gonna buy, a, a dinosaur that says “rawr” from its mouth.
Mommy: Oh, okay.
Claire: That’s what I’m gonna get from my birthday, that. That’s what I’m gonna get for my birthday!

Alex: Mommy, I’m gonna buy a stuffed animal dinosaur, and then at the grocery store maybe I’ll buy a can of green beans.


(Mommy is talking to Alex about anatomy.)
Alex: And the dreams are inside the brain. There’s little pieces, and the brain is inside.

Claire: What’s this?
Mommy: That is your armpit.
Claire: Oh, armpit.
Alex: Just like there’s pits in fruit!
Mommy: Sort of.

Claire: I – I did – I feeded Grommie!


Alex: Mommy, is tomorrow Thanksgiving?
Mommy: What?
Alex: Is tomorrow Thanksgiving?
Mommy: No.
Alex (to Claire): Told you.

No comments:

Post a Comment