Sunday, November 6, 2011

Hey Daddy? When I have crunchy stuff in my mouth, can you say “Who’s – what’s – what do you have in your mouth crunchy?”

(snack time)

Claire: Hey Daddy? When I have crunchy stuff in my mouth, can you say “Who’s – what’s – what do you have in your mouth crunchy?”
(Claire puts some Goldfish in her mouth.)
Daddy: What do you have in your mouth that’s crunchy?
Claire: Goldfish.
Daddy: Oh!
Claire: Now, when I have a soft thing in my mouth, can you say, “Why do you have a soft thing in your mouth?” Can you do that, D?
(Claire takes a bite of muffin.)
Daddy: Why do you have a soft thing in your mouth?
Claire: Um, because, it is – it’s a, a muffin.
Daddy: Oh.
Claire: Now when, when I eat this one, you need to say, say “What’s that soft thing in your mouth? What do you have in your mouth that’s soft?”
(Claire takes a bite of muffin.)
Daddy: What do you have in your mouth that’s soft?
Claire: Um, it is… a muffin. It’s a muffin. It’s a muffin. Daddy, it’s a muffin.
Daddy: Okay.


(playing the Ladybug game)

Claire: You know what my card is?
Daddy: What?
Claire: You wanna see?
Daddy: I wanna see.
(Claire milks it, waiting, with a big grin.)
Claire: Six!

Claire: You know what I got? You know what I got, Daddy?
Daddy: What?
(Claire hums dramatically, wide-eyed. Finally she shows her card.)
Claire: Fooourrrr.


(lunch)

Alex: Daddy?
Daddy: Yes Alex?
Alex: I hope you enjoy your pepperoni pizza.
Daddy: Thank you.
Alex: I said it to Mommy too.


(dinner)
Claire: I ate everything!
Mommy: You did?
Claire: My tummy wanted all that food!

Claire: I think I’m all done. Because all that stuff is in that tummy. That tummy was, um, all hungry.


Claire: Alex? I'm gonna have a skirt today! You wanna see it?
Alex: Yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment