Monday, November 7, 2011

Duck, cardinal, robin, and hummingbird.

(breakfast)

Claire: Daddy, my Grommie is going to the party after her little school.

Claire: Daddy, today? Today, I’m gonna tell you a secret.
Daddy: Oh, okay.
(Daddy leans in so Claire can whisper in his ear.)
Claire (whispering): Today I’m gonna bring my books to school!

(Claire tells her secret to Alex.)
Claire (whispering): Today I’m gonna bring my books to school.
Alex: Oh! That’s exciting.
Claire: I’m excited to take them.

Alex: I have four birds that I know. Duck, cardinal, robin, and hummingbird.
Daddy: That’s good.
Alex: I think I know five.
Daddy: Yeah?
Alex: Actually six. Turkeys, chickens, and chicks.
Alex: Seven.
Alex: I have seven, right, Daddy?
Daddy: You do.

Claire: Um, yesterday, um Grommie was coming to my chair, to lick it all.
Daddy: Oh.
Claire: In the middle. And I, and I told Mommy that I wanted a new one. And she gave me one.



(Daddy comes home from work on the Monday after the clocks changed.)
Claire: Daddy, it was starting to get dark, and you were at work for a long, long time.
Daddy: I know. I came home to see you.
Claire: That was too much work!

No comments:

Post a Comment