Friday, August 12, 2011

Yay! I love my big girl bed!

Claire: Do you know why I don't want to do mask?
Daddy: Yeah?
Claire: Because I can't hear the TV -- my show.



Claire (out of the blue): Next, I wanna go with Al -- with Grandma. Because I like going with Grandma.



(Claire is playing cupcakes.)
Claire: Daddy, this cupcake is for me, and that cupcake is for Mommy, and that cupcake is for Alex. 'Cause he likes blue.

Daddy: Okay.
Claire: But it's hot. I'm gonna tell Alex it's hot. I'm gonna tell he it's hot but not right now, 'cause he's with Grandma.



Claire: Mommy, I wanna go with Grandma, on the mountain where Alex --
Mommy: Well I'm sure she'll take you when you're four.
Claire (whining): No I want her to take me when I'm three.



(dinner)
Claire: Daddy, you're the best daddy in the whole world!
Daddy: Aw, thank you!
Claire: That's what Casey said to Miss Gibson and Miss Kidd.
Daddy: Oh. She said they're the best daddy?
Claire: No, she's the best Miss Gibson -- no the best teacher in the whole world.
Daddy: Oh.

(A little later.)
Claire: You're the best napkin in the whole world, Daddy.
Daddy: Thanks, Claire.
Claire: No you're the best daddy in the whole world.
Daddy: Thanks, Claire.

Claire: You're the best chicken nugget in the whole world, cup.
Claire: You're the best -- you're the best daddy in the whole world, Daddy.
Daddy: Thanks, Claire.
Claire: Daddy? You're funny.
Daddy: So are you, Claire.
Claire: Daddy, you're funny.

Claire: Daddy, I wanna take my baby with Grandma next time, and my girl with Grandma next time, and Abby with Grandma next time, and, Kevin with Grandma next time.

Daddy: Okay.

Claire: Mommy? Why are you packing -- Wow! My new Dora bed!
Mommy: Yeah, you like it?
Claire: When I'm done, when my hands are clean, can I touch it?

Claire: My new blanket! My new Dora blanket!
Mommy: Go get a wipe, so you can touch it.
Claire: Okay. Yay! I like my new bed.


(Claire has a new big girl bed.)

Claire: Yay! I love my big girl bed!
Claire: Now I can sleep in my big girl bed!

Claire: And it's cute, it's so pretty!

Claire: I can play with everything! And I can reach my water!

Claire: Hey Mommy watch me, I can get in my big girl bed!

Claire: But Alex is taking a long time at Grandma's.

Claire: I'm gonna tell Alex I have a new big girl bed!



(Alex calls home from Grandma's house.)

Alex: You forgot to tell Claire to say good night to me this morning.

Mommy: Are you having fun?
Alex: Yeah. I, I climbed a mountain. All the way to the top.

Alex (to Daddy): I climbed a mountain, and I climbed all the way to the top.

Alex: Is Claire already sleeping?
Daddy: Yeah.
Alex: We're not, we're staying up.

Daddy: We miss you.
Alex: I know.

Alex (to Mommy): Is there anything you wanna say to me?

No comments:

Post a Comment