Monday, August 29, 2011

Look Daddy, I'm doing it! I'm really doing it!

(Alex tells Daddy that when he woke up, he didn’t feel good, so he just sat down in the hallway.)
Alex: Not in the echo hallway. In the regular hallway.

(Alex’s lip hurts.)
Alex: I can’t laugh very well. But I like the show, because it’s funny.

(Claire has a gummy bear vitamin in her cheek.)
Claire: Daddy, you wanna touch my squishy cheek?
Daddy: Yeah.
Claire: Touch it.
(Daddy does. Claire laughs.)

Alex: Mommy, when I come home from school, can you teach me how to make a paper airplane?


(after school)

(Many of Alex’s and Claire’s school friends are still without power.)
Daddy: We’re lucky that we have our power back.
Alex: Uh-huh. Now we can watch Charlie Brown.

Alex: I do feel tired, and I wanna relax on the sofa.

Alex: Guess what, Daddy? I went to 4-K today.




Mommy: My Claire Bear.
Claire: My Mommy.
Mommy: My Claire Bear.
Claire: My Mommy.
Mommy: My Claire Bear.
Claire: My Mommy.
Alex: Cut it out, you two.


Daddy (to Alex): I love my boy.
Alex (to Daddy): I love my… hat.


(Alex is trying to learn how to swing on the swings all by himself.)
Alex: I'm excited I'm practicing! I'm proud of myself!

(Soon, he gets the hang of it, and keeps himself swinging without assistance.)

Alex (thrilled): Look Daddy, I'm doing it! I'm really doing it!

Alex: I'm good at it already!

Alex: I'm proud of myself!

Alex: I like swinging!

Claire: Alex, when are you gonna stop swinging?
Alex: I do not know!
Alex: When I'm all practice-ed! Then I can swing whenever, I, want!
Alex (to Mommy and Daddy): If you're busy, I can still swing! You don't have to push me!

Alex: Look Mommy, I did it again!

(Claire says something to Alex.)
Alex: I told you, I'm swinging the whole day!
Claire: Because I don't want you to.

Alex: Daddy, I'm swinging the whole day! Because it's so much fun!

(Claire says something to Alex.)
Alex: As I said, I'm swinging the whole day!

Alex (to Daddy): Look, I'm going really high! As high as you push me!
Daddy: Yeah!
Alex: I'm proud of myself!

Alex: When we went to The Tyler Place, did we have to leave our state?
Daddy: Yes we did.
Alex: Cool.

Alex: I'll never stop going high! Ever!


(inside)
Alex: I'm tired of swinging.

(Claire wants to give Grommie a treat.)
Daddy: Why don't you give him a million dollars?
Claire: Okay.
(Claire gives Grommie a million dollars.)
Claire (smiling): I gave it to him.
Daddy: What did he do with it?
Claire: He ate it.
Daddy: What would you do with a million dollars?
Claire: I would play with it.
Daddy: Alex, what would you do with a million dollars?
Alex: I would throw it, all through the town, and up into outer space.

No comments:

Post a Comment