Wednesday, July 18, 2012

And there was thunder as loud as someone's knocking down a building.

Claire: Daddy, I like school because I like drawing.


(after breakfast)
Claire: Daddy, I'm clean, and I didn't get a wipe, and I -- no butter got on my face!


Claire: I like having nap, because sometimes I start getting tired.  When I -- when it's nap time.



(Claire and Alex come home from school.)
Claire: Daddy, I got a little snack at school!  Everything doesn't have peanuts.
Daddy: Oh!
Claire: And I'm gonna give some to Alex too.

(Alex took a field trip to Byrd Theater.)
Alex: The theater was a little scary when we first got in it.  'Cause I thought we were gonna watch a movie.  And there was -- a stage -- that was as big as -- this wall.  All the way from the fireplace to the top of the TV.  From the bottom of the fireplace to the top of the TV.  It was as big as this couch!
Daddy: Wow.
Alex: As big as this rug.  That's how big it was.
Daddy: That's a big stage!
Alex: And there was thunder as loud as someone's knocking down a building.
(Alex jumps up and stomps upon landing.)
Alex: That's how loud it was.

(Claire is in the bathroom.)
Claire: Daddy?
Daddy: Yes, sweetheart.
Claire: Um, my nose is stuffed up at school, and at home, and when it's stuffed up at nap, it bothers me.
Daddy: Okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment