Monday, April 16, 2012

You can't tell people your cards.

Alex: Claire! I counted to three hundred!
Alex: Three hundred and one, three hundred and two, three hundred and three…


Alex: Daddy, and I found a haunted book!  It said a haunted book.  It said "this book is haunted."

Claire: I really like this book!  I just read [pronounced "reed"] it all by myself.

Claire: I don't know the first page, but I know the second page.  The second page is when Mudge takes off Henry's sock!

Claire: We got lots of books.  Daddy, we got lots of books.

Alex: And this book is really funny, because, he takes off Henry's sock.


Claire: Daddy, when it snows, do we have scarfs?  Because Mommy has one?


Claire: Daddy?  I made a sho -- a shop!  And it was a barber shop!
Daddy: Wow!
Mommy: She gave good haircuts.  It was fun.
Claire: Alex -- Mommy liked the haircuts!
Mommy: I liked the haircuts.  Alex did too.  We were fighting over it.


(Claire and Alex are playing Go Fish.)
Claire: Alex, do you have any twos?
Alex: Go fish.  I only have eights, fives, and tens.
Claire: You can't tell people your cards.
Alex: Oops, sorry!  Try to forget it.

No comments:

Post a Comment