Sunday, April 15, 2012

It’s taking a long time to be a grown-up.

Alex: Remember when I got lost on that island at Disney World?


(Julia made cookies and bread for the family.)
Alex: What's this bread?
Mommy: That's cinnamon raisin bread.
Alex: Raisin bread?  Yummy.
Alex: I like these things she made.
Mommy: I'll tell her.
Alex: Can I meet her one day?

Alex (after eating a cookie): She made some pretty good cookies!

Alex: She must be a really good cooker.

Alex: Daddy?  “A” can do a lotta things.
Daddy: Yeah?
Alex: “A” can do a lotta things.  It can do ah, uh, ay, aa!
Daddy: Yeah!
Alex: And W can be silent!


(dinner)
Claire: It’s taking a long time to be a grown-up.
Alex: But Claire, when you’re a grown-up you have to do a lot of work. You might get really tired but you still have to do it.
Alex: Don’t you like playing instead?
Claire: I do, I like – but I also like being a grown-up. Because grown-ups don’t mind when they work.

Claire: Daddy, when I was sleeping, I saw a hand, but it was a green hand. When I was sleeping, at the beach.
Daddy: Yeah?
Claire: Yeah. It was come – it was coming from your bed.


(Alex and Mommy are watching House Hunters.)
Alex: I think they’re gonna pick the third one.
Mommy: I do too.

(They pick the first one.)
Alex: They always pick number one!
Mommy: Do they?
Alex: Mm-hm. Even though it needs a lot of work.


(Grommie burps.)
Alex: Excuse you, Grommie.

No comments:

Post a Comment