Saturday, April 28, 2012

But the ABCs do stop.

Claire (out of the blue): Mommy, I want my own phone.
Mommy: You want a phone?
Claire: Yeah.
Mommy: What kind of phone?
Claire: A purple and pink one.
Mommy: Who are you gonna call?
Claire: Anybody.


Alex: You can never stop counting, right Daddy?
Daddy: That's right!
Alex: It just keeps on going and going.  There is no last number.
Daddy: That's right.

Alex: But the ABCs do stop.


Alex (to Claire): When you're 41 or 42, you're a grown-up!
(Alex laughs.)
Claire: Yeah, but when you're one, you're still a kid.  No, when you're six, you're a kid.
Alex: I'm almost six.  I'm five.
Claire: And I'm almost four.



(In the car on the way to Claire's soccer.)
Claire (happily): Everyone's coming to watch me.


Claire (out of the blue): Daddy, I never see bad guys in the world.
Daddy: You never see bad guys in the world?
Claire: Yeah.
Daddy: Do you want to see bad guys?
Claire: Yes.
Daddy: Why do you want to see bad guys?
Claire: I want to sneak up on them.
Daddy: Oh. That would be fun.
Claire: I just want to sneak up on one. Then I can go home.

No comments:

Post a Comment