Thursday, April 12, 2012

I wish we were back there. I love that place.

(Alex wakes up Claire.)
Alex: Claire! I built something cool. I built something big. Something with animals.

Claire: I dreamed I explored all around the world. With Alex.


(Alex and Claire are putting on their shoes, and Alex is pretending they're firemen getting ready to go deal with an emergency.)
Daddy: And then we put out the fire?
Alex: No, there isn't a fire.  It's just, someone got their, their leg stuck in a fence.


Claire (re Disney World): I was a little bit scared of -- of the shark.

Claire: But I -- I love it.  I just wanna go there again.

Claire: When are we gonna go back there?


Alex: Like I built a zoo, I built two things today.  No wonder I'm tired.
Alex: We had play group, I built a zoo at night, I didn't sleep… I played outside…  I played play group when Tyler was here, and no one else came.


Alex: I loved being on the -- I loved the -- I loved -- I loved -- at Disney World, I liked hugging Minnie.  She was comfortable.

Claire: And I love -- I looooved the castle.  ‘Cause it was so big, and purple and pink, and all those splatting things.  Those things, up in the sky.  You know what they are?
Daddy: What?
Claire: I don't know.
Daddy: Fireworks.

Claire: I liked the fireworks, and the castle!

Alex: And remember we ate breakfast there?  We ate breakfast at the castle, right?
Daddy: That's right.
Alex: And we saw Ariel… Belle… Snow White… do you remember who else?  Who else?
Claire: Um… I think Ariel.
Alex: I already said Ariel.
Claire: No, Ariel has… red hair.  Red hair.
Alex: Yeah, I said her, I said her.  Ariel.  Ariel.

Claire: I wish we were back there.  I love that place.

Alex: Remember that show?  Remember the clown show?
Claire: Yeah.
Alex: That was funny.

Alex: Remember that?  Remember this when we were in that dark tunnel one day?
Claire: Mm-hm.


(dinner)
Alex: The sun for the flowers gives them lots of nutrients, which is in the vitamins for the sun.
Daddy: That's right.


(bath)
Alex: I'm one.
Claire: You’re a baby.
Alex: No, a one-year-old is not a baby; a zero -- a zero person is a baby. You can be zero.


(Alex and Claire are admiring the zoo that Alex made this morning.)

Claire: Giraffe is my favorite animal, because I know what it’s called: giraffe!

Alex: Like I'm pretending there's a wall here, and they can't go there 'cause there's electric cords.
Daddy: Okay.
Alex: Electric cords. And there's a electricity box there.


(Alex finishes reading his bedtime story.)
Mommy: Good job, buddy.
Alex: You don't have to say that.


(in bed)
Alex: Daddy, I think Claire wants to get carried because she's tired, and, she’s saying "I'm tired" [said in a whiny voice] because she wants to get carried.

No comments:

Post a Comment