Friday, April 24, 2009

Get a washcloth.


Mommy: Tell Daddy what Grommie did.
Alex: He rolled in poop.
Mommy: And what does Daddy have to do now?
Alex: He has to give Grommie a bath. Get a washcloth.


(playing with the water table)

Alex: Like a tranky [?] boat.
Mommy: Like a what?
Alex: Like a tranky [?] boat.
Daddy: What did you say?
Alex: Like a tranky [?] boat.
Daddy: What does tranky mean?
Alex: Like a tranky [?] ho [?].
Daddy: Alex, what does tranky mean?
Alex: Yo yo.

Alex: Uh-oh, the water’s gonna come out!

Daddy: Do you need help?
Alex: No I wanna do it!
Daddy: Okay.


(dinner time)

Alex: I eating toast Daddy. I eating bread that I cooked.

Alex: No I don't wanna eat broccoli and kiwi.
Daddy: Can I have them?
Alex: No. No. Don’t take them. Don’t take them. Don’t take them. Don’t take them. Don’t take them. Don’t take them. Mine. Mine. Those are mine. Don’t take them. Don’t take them. I don’t – don’t take them. Don’t take them. (sudden mood change) I wanna go outside in the back-a-yard and go in the playroom and play trains.

Mommy: Can you eat a piece of broccoli?
Alex: That's not broccoli.
Mommy: That's a weird piece. Why don't you eat a different piece?
Alex: It’s too heavy.


(song time)

Mommy: What do you want to sing Alex?
Alex: Bah, bah, buh, buh.
Daddy (singing): Bah, bah, buh, buh.
Alex (laughing): That’s not a song!

Mommy: What do you want to sing?
Alex: Sing the Michael song.


No comments:

Post a Comment