Saturday, March 10, 2012

Fat Cat is a long book. I think it might be the longest book in the world.

Alex: Oh -- I was gonna read a few books today.


Alex: Daddy, after I get dressed can you help me read Fat Cat?
Daddy: Okay.
Alex: Because I think that's more of my favorite book than Scat Cat.  I think I like Fat Cat more than Scat Cat.

Alex: Maybe -- maybe since I'm getting so good at it, maybe I should read Fat Cat by myself!

Alex: I'm really good at reading!


Alex: Fat Cat is a long book.  I think it might be the longest book in the world.


(Alex and Daddy are looking at Alex's baby photo album.)
Alex: I remember our cats.  But they died long, long ago.
Daddy: Yeah.
Alex: They're up in the sky.
(Pause.)
Alex: In a building.
(Pause.)
Alex: Is that Charlottesville?  It sounds like Charlottesville.

No comments:

Post a Comment