Saturday, February 18, 2012

When we get home, I’m gonna tell Mommy that I love soccer!

Claire: Mommy said that in that cabinet was candy, and we could eat some candy at snack today.
Daddy: Oh, won't that be fun!
(Claire smiles.)


Claire: Daddy, I counted 'til the waffle came up.  I counted how much numbers the waffle will come up.


(Alex is playing a song on his toy xylophone.)
Alex: This is a sad song.

(Alex discovers the secret of the xylophone.)
Alex: It's under here, Daddy.  A nail pops up.  And it hits these things.  So it can make a noise.  See?

Alex: You have to look very closely under.  Then you can see a nail pop up.  Wanna see, Claire?

Alex: And these things are musical, see?  So, that helps, the piano, make, a sound!

Claire: I can do another music.  It's a sleeping music.  Do you want to sleep, Daddy?
Daddy: Yeah.
(Claire sings a made-up song while playing the maracas.)


(Claire is playing with the toy learning computer.)
Claire: I'm trying to do the flowers, but what do I do when he takes one away?
Daddy: Well, maybe you're supposed to count them.
Claire: I did count them.  I counted one two three.
Daddy: Well you need to press the button with a three on it.
(Claire makes a funny face, as if considering this odd suggestion, but decides to give it a try.)
(In Claire’s defense, the computer voice instructs the player to "Count the flowers that are left."; it says nothing about pushing a button.)

Claire: How do I -- what is this many?



(after indoor soccer)

Claire: Daddy? I had fun!

Claire: When we get home, I’m gonna tell Mommy that I love soccer!

No comments:

Post a Comment