Saturday, February 4, 2012

If your leg falls off, how do you get a new leg?

(breakfast)

Claire: Daddy, I thinked about the beach, and I thinked about home… and I thinked about picking a purple flower that’s nice… and I thinked about chocolate… but my brain just thinked about nothing, it just sleeped and didn’t have any nice dreams!

Claire: I like puppies.

(Claire has been nibbling at her breakfast for an hour.)
Claire: Daddy, this is not enough food! Blueberries, this, and vitamin.

Claire (looking at her plate): Who ate those blueberries? Who ate those blueberries?
Daddy: You did.
Claire: No I didn’t. Oh yes I did. I feel the blueberries in my mouth and I did eat it.


(Claire and Alex are going outside to play in the backyard.)
Claire (to Mommy, brightly): Do you wanna go pick up dog poop?


(Alex is looking forward to watching the basketball game with Daddy.)
Alex: I wanna see if, if someone puts it in the hoop, and – I wanna cheer!


(driving home from soccer practice)

Claire: If your leg falls off, how do you get a new leg?

(Claire and Alex argue over which is faster: an airplane or a helicopter.)

(Alex comments on the painted line indicating the turn lane.)
Alex: It’s like the equator: it cuts the earth in half.
Claire: Who cuts the earth in half?
Alex: No, it’s just a line. One part is on one side, and one part is on the other side, but they’re still connected.

Claire: If there’s a big rock in the road, like a tree, a car couldn’t go on the road, because there’s a big rock there!


(lunch)
Claire: Daddy? I got a big crusty in my nose, and it was a oval!
Daddy: Oh!
Alex: Wasn’t it red?
Claire: It was red a little bit, and it was really black and yucky, and, watery!


(Alex and Claire are helping Daddy to fold laundry.)

Alex: Claire, did you know I can fold underwear?

Claire (to Daddy): You find the grown-up socks, and I’ll find the kid socks.

Claire: How do you inside-out a underwear?

Alex: Claire? How ‘bout you help me with the inside-out socks, and I’ll put the socks together, okay?
Claire: Okay.

Mommy: You guys being big helpers?
Claire: We’re helping Daddy fold laundry.

Claire: Is this inside-out? Or outside-out?

No comments:

Post a Comment