Monday, February 20, 2012

Bye-bye, Frosty, I hope you have fun melting.

Claire: And look at the bottom of the deck! It’s covered in snow too!

Claire: Daddy, the bird bath is covered in snow!

Alex: Hey! The ball is covered up in the snow!

Claire: And the slide is covered up in the snow!


(The snowman is melting; Claire just saw his eye fall off.)
Alex: Bye-bye, Frosty.
Claire: Bye-bye, Frosty, I hope you have fun melting.


Claire (out of the blue): Now a different state is dark, because, this state is… up.


Claire: Daddy? I just beated Mommy, because I got lots of matches, so I’m gonna do that to you!


(Outside the barber shop, Alex sees a stream of water running down the sidewalk.)
Alex: Look, there's water. Let's investigate where it’s coming from.


(At the barber shop, Claire hands Alex a lollipop.)
Claire: Do you want this one, Alex? It’s called Root Bear.

Claire: I’m not asking for my birthday anymore.
Daddy: Good for you!
(Claire looks very proud of herself.)

(Alex shows Claire his ring from the barber shop.)
Claire: A pirate ring! Mine’s a flower. I like my pretty ring. I look pretty when it’s on me.

Alex: Mommy, I’m not messy, I’m just sticky.


(Claire comes up to Daddy and whispers in his ear.)
Claire: We’re not gonna have dinner any day. We’re not gonna do anything in our house.
Daddy: Oh, really?
Claire (whispering): Even dinner!
Daddy: Even dinner?!
Claire: Even bath, and everything.
Daddy: Wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment